What We Do
Technical Assistance and Capacity Building
Programs and systems are only as effective as the people that do the work. New Ways helps communities, workforce organizations, youth councils/committees, schools, youth programs, colleges, employers and their partners build comprehensive local youth-serving systems, develop new programs and partnerships, and improve practice in the organizations and systems that serve young people.
New Ways provides technical assistance, consulting and capacity- building services to address identified needs and priorities. We work closely with a design team of local leadership and practitioners to identify the issues, uncover opportunities, craft solutions and offer continued implementation support through a number of proven strategies.
- Provides tailored technical assistance and training
- Facilitates strategic planning efforts
- Facilitates program design and implementation processes
- Facilitates and supports peer professional development communities
- Manages effective and equitable procurement processes
- Designs, manages, executes and facilitates symposia, institutes and forums
- Delivers executive and senior program staff coaching
- Develops initiative frameworks, playbooks, toolkits and guides to support system and program development and guide leaders and practitioners over time
New Ways is a qualified technical assistance provider and vendor for the City of Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, the New York City Department of Education and Mayor’s Office, the San Francisco Department of Children Youth and their Families, the San Francisco Office of Economic and Workforce Development and the California Training Initiative hosted by the California Workforce Association.
The New Ways Approach
New Ways helps create powerful partnerships that provide young people with the opportunities and support they need to prepare them for success in career and life.
The New Ways approach is driven by practice and has a track record of success in communities around the country.
- New Ways utilizes state-of-the-art process tools and organizational change methodologies commonly used in the private sector.
- New Ways works closely with government entities, foundations and local communities to design and implement strategies and solutions to identified issues, problems and priorities relating to youth and the institutions that serve them.
- New Ways helps clarify the issues and identify quality practices from around the country that can help address the issues. New Ways then works with people on the ground to design solutions and approaches to these issues, apply new strategies and implement the appropriate initiatives to address local needs.
- New Ways works with organizations and communities to design strategies that will engage leadership, practitioners and other stakeholders in developing and implementing a solution.
- New Ways then works to support implementation, ongoing improvement and sustainability of the initiatives and the systems that supports them.